The Malaysian creative content industry has grown tremendously. In fact, the industry has always been seen as a supporting platform to other industries in Malaysia, which is now going international. In conjunction, government initiatives are provided for the community to venture into the industry. It can be seen through the policies spelled-out in the Dasar Industri Kreatif Negara. However, despite all the supports and talents that have been developed, some key elements for it to emerge as a truly creative industry which could contribute to the development of society and country in general are still missing. Hence, SCIMPA UUM takes this opportunity to bring professionals, academics, and practitioners from all over the world together in further nurturing the potentials to the Creative Industry International Conference 2018 (CIIC 2018).
The main objectiveS of CIIC2018 are:
- Discuss and expose the latest initiatives in the creative industry;
- Nurturing a vibrant community helps each other in practicing creative industry strategy. This can be realized through the provision of discussion zones to researchers and creative industry practitioners to disseminate views and research findings. Indirectly, it also establishes academic relations of Malaysian and international scholars in this field;
- Provide space for IPT students, researchers and professionals to meet, discuss and share knowledge with relevant field experts;
- Take lessons from the experience of field experts in creating a more knowledgeable and intelligent future community of organizations, nations and globally
- Provides collaborative platform between industry and academicians.
Jointly Organised by:
All accepted papers will be published in Scopus indexed journals*.
*Based on ACTIVE SCOPUS status during the conference date. For example, if the conference is held in December 2018, we will submit to the Publisher that has ACTIVE status in SCOPUS Journal Title List as at December 2018, not the upcoming list.
1 August 2018
15 Sept 2018 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: 12 October 2018
Camera-ready: 21 October 2018
Note: WIN a holiday for 3D2N@Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia, for Best of the Best Paper Award x 2 papers and other additional special raffles for any 5 lucky participants.